Programme Specification for 2013/14
FDSc Business Information Technology
Note: this programme only runs at partner colleges.
This is a two year programme which combines academic and practical study of the skills needed to enter the profession. By the end of the programme students receive a nationally recognised qualification that will help to find that first position in IT. Alternatively, students can continue their studies in the final year of our BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology degree programme.
The following is an indication of current programme content. However, the rapidly changing nature of the subject area means that both the courses offered, and individual course content, are likely to change in future years. Finally note that certain combinations of options may not be available. All courses are 30 credits unless otherwise stated.
- Computer Programming
- Work Based Learning Project 1
- Communication Systems - 15 credits
- Computer Systems & Internet Technologies - 15 credits
- Database Techniques - 15 credits
- Quantitative Methods - 15 credits
- Work Based Learning Project 2
- Database Application Technologies - 15 credits
- Information Analysis - 15 credits
- Systems Development Project
- Network and Operating Systems - 15 credits
- Web Database Applications - 15 credits
Work as a business analyst, systems designer, database developer, database administrator or website developer in a wide range of organisations. There are also opportunities in information systems security, IT management roles and network service administration.
This programme only runs at partner colleges.
2 years full-time / 4 years part-time
FDSc Business Information Technology - G501 FdSc/BIS