Professor Ed Galea
Mathematical Sciences Department
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8331 8730
Fax: +44 (0)20 8331 8925
Personal Web Site
BSc (Hons), Dip.Ed, Phd, CMath, FIMA, CEng, MIFireE
Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, (FIMA).
Charted Mathematician status (C.Math). 5 April 1994.
Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers. (MIFireE) 1995.
Charted Engineer status (C.Eng) 2003.
Member Combustion Institute
Member International Assoc of Fire Safety Science.
Member CIB (International Council for Building Research Studies and Documentation)
Associate Member International Society of Air Safety Investigators. May 1994.
Professor Galea is the author/co-author of over 100 academic and professional publications concerning fire and related topics. His research interests are diverse and include:
• Numerical methods for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) based fire simulation;
• Development of intelligent user interfaces for CFD fire simulation;
• Development of human behaviour models for evacuation;
• Development of human behaviour models for circulation;
• Experimental methods for the collection of human performance data;
• Aviation safety (fire and cabin safety);
• Building safety (fire and evacuation);
• Maritime safety (fire and evacuation);
• Rail safety (fire and evacuation).
Director of Research
Fire Safety Research Group Leader
Programme Leader 2012/13
MSc By Research
Course Coordinator 2012/13
MSc by Research Project
Principles and Practice of Evacuation Modelling
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
London SE10 9LS